- 2 - 10oz. pkg. frozen broccoli
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cups chicken (cooked & chopped)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 tbsps butter
- 2 tbsps flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 1 cup sour cream
- Cook broccoli; drain and arrange in buttered 13×9 baking dish.
- Spinkle with 1/2 cheese.
- Add chicken and season to taste with salt & pepper; top with rice.
- Make sauce with butter, flour, and milk in saucepan over medium heat; remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and sour cream.
- Mix thoroughly and pour over rice and broccoli in baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake at 400 degrees until browned.
Source: Mary Herndon