- 3/4 stick Butter Crisco Baking Sticks or 3/4 cup Crisco
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2-3/4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup white choclate chips
This is a REALLY Great cookie recipe and a family favorite!
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly coat baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray or line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat shortening, sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until creamy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in small bowl.
- Beat into shortening mixture until blended.
- Stir in oats, dried cranberries, walnuts and white chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until light brown.
- Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes.
- Place on cooling rack to cool completely.
Note: Use small ice cream scoop for cookie measure.
Experiment with substituting the cranberries with dried cherries, dried blueberries, etc. and the walnuts with pecans, pistachios, etc.