- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/3 tsp. grated nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. brandy (optional)
- 2 cups pureed cooked sweet potato -
- 1 can (15 oz) 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 3 tbsps butter, melted
My husband’s favorite pie is Sweet Potato Pie. My favorite is Pumpkin Pie, so I decided to combine the two for this recipe.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt until well combined.
- Whisk in the milk, eggs, vanilla and brandy.
- Whisk in the mashed sweet potato and canned pumpkin.
- Whisk in the melted butter.
- Pour mixture into deep dish pastry shell.
- Bake 350 degrees for 1 hour or until done.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped creme.
Note: I bake 10-12 sweet potato’s at a time. I then peel and mash the potato’s and keep in my freezer in 2 cups increments for this recipe and my sweet potato casserole recipe.