- 3 pounds yellow squash
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1-1/2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 small jar pimento, drained
- 1-8 oz box Herb Stuffing mix
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- dash salt
- 1/2 pint sour cream
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
Dorothy (Dot) Freeland was one of my mothers best friends and you will find many recipes from her at Rouxed. Growing up I can remember many dinner parties with Dot’s family at our home. Sherry, her daughter, is one of my lifelong friends and we still laugh to this day because after all those dinner parties — guess who got to do the dishes? Since my mother passed away in 1984, Dot has been and still is a mother figure to me.
- Parboil squash, drain then mash.
- Combine squash, onion, carrots, pimento, soup, salt and sour cream.
- Line a 13″ x 9″ pan with stuffing, reserving some for topping.
- Pour melted butter over stuffing.
- Pour squash mixture on top of stuffing.
- Top squash with reserved stuffing.
- Bake 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
Source: Dorothy Freeland