- 1 cup sliced celery
- 3/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup pecans halves (reserve 1/4 cup for topping)
- 2-3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1-1/2 cup long grain uncooked rice
- Coat cast iron skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add celery, onions, green pepper and 3/4 cup of the pecans.
- Saute until vegetables are crisp tender, stirring frequently.
- Stir in chicken broth and next 3 ingredients, bring to a boil.
- Spoon rice in shallow 2 quart dish. Add hot broth mixture, cover.
- Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is adsorbed.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans.
Note: Don’t have time to chop vegetables? Use 2-1/2 cups of frozen seasoning blend in place of the celery, green onion and green pepper from the freezer section of your grocery store.