- 3 pounds headless shrimp
- 1 pound red or yellow potatoes, cut into halves or quarters if too large
- 3-4 ears fresh corn; shucked and cleaned (silver queen if possible and broken in halves)
- 1 4oz package of Zatarain's Crawfish, Shrimp and Crab Boil
- Conecuh Sausage cut into 1-2 inch links (optional)
- 2-3 lemons halved (optional)
Nothing is easier or more fun to serve than a good ole shrimp boil. Throw everything in the pot, cook, drain and dump right in the middle of the table onto newspaper that has been spread to use as a table cloth and a easy clean up when everyone is finished. We have a grill with a gas burner so we boil everything outside. Did I mention easy, fun and oh so good?
Do you ever have shrimp or crawfish boils? We would love to know how you and your family prepare and enjoy your shrimp boil.
- Fill a large stockpot with 2 gallons of water. Add Zatarain’s Crab boil Mix, stir.
- Bring to boil.
- Add potatoes; cook 12 minutes.
- Add corn; cook 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp; stir, cover with lid and return to boil (if seafood is not covered, add more water.
- Once water start boiling cook shrimp 1 minute; Turn off heat and SOAK for 2-5 minutes.
- Drain carefully and serve.
Note: This is the basic recipe but we do add Conecuh Sausage and half lemons with the potatoes sometime.