- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 tbsps melted butter
- 2 tbsps all purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsps chopped fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tbsp whole thyme
- 1/2 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1-1/4 tsp salt and pepper (each)
- 5 cups peeled diced tomatoes
- 1 lb. sausage (cut in 1/4" slices)
- 4 whole chicken breast (cubed)
- 1/2 lb. shrimp
- Saute onion, pepper, garlic in butter — add flour and stir until smooth.
- Gradually add water & wine; stir and add remaining ingredients (except shrimp!).
- Bring to a boil then simmer for 25 minutes — stirring occasionally.
- Add shrimp and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
This is really better the next day, so be sure to store leftovers.