- 2 cups canned chick-peas, drained, liquid reserved
- 1 1/2 tsps kosher salt
- 1/3 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 8 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1 8oz jar fire roasted red sweet peppers (drained)
- 2 tbsps fresh rosemary
- juice of 1 squeezed lemon
There are so many variations of hummus and I often experiment with different flavors. It is so easy and quick to make. Just throw everything in the food processor and blend. Any flavor of hummus is fantastic for a spread on sandwiches, use as a dip, or just serve with pita bread or fresh vegetables for a great snack.
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade and process until hummus is coarsely pureed.
Note: If mixture is too thick, use reserved chickpea liquid to thin.
Serve at room temperature or chilled.