- 1 can chicken broth
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained
- 1 12 oz pkg frozen corn
- 1 chicken or 3-4 chicken breast
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 roasted bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bag Doritos, slightly crushed
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups pepper jack cheese, grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
This recipe was given to me by my husband’s Aunt Ann. I have adapted it somewhat by using roasted bell peppers in lieu of green bell peppers and adding corn and black beans.
- Cover chicken with water in a large stock pot.
- Boil chicken until done approximately 20-30 minutes, de-bone and cut in 1-2 inch pieces.
- Mix soups, Rotel tomatoes, and broth.
- Saute onion in olive oil til tender; add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add roasted bell pepper, corn and black beans, salt and pepper; stir to mix and heat through.
- Cover bottom of 13×9″ dish with chicken.
- Spread onion, bell pepper, corn, and black bean mixture over chicken.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top.
- Layer Doritos over the cheese.
- Cover with soup mixture, making sure to cover Doritos completely.
- Bake 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Source: Ann Pierce
Note: To save time, purchase a supermarket rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. Don’t throw out the carcass…… check our Easy Rotisserie Chicken Stock recipe in the DIY section and stock up on your homemade chicken stock.