- 1/2 (15-oz) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (2-4 fresh lemons)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Powdered sugar
- Garnishes: sweetened whipped cream, lemon slices
I have been out of town for work this past week at a National Convention. Returning home, I am feeling a little frazzled. Maybe because next weekend we will be attending the French Quarter Festival in New Orleans and I have a million task that I need to accomplish at home and at work before leaving again. Needing to find my quick recipe’s this week, I came across this quick lemon tart and got very excited. This is the one of the EASIEST recipe’s that I have in my collection and I have been wanting to add this because Jon has just moved into a new apartment and has a Meyer Lemon tree on his patio.
If you are looking for a quick, delicious, and elegant desert, this is it. Throw everything in the blender, pour into the pie shell, bake 30 minutes and your finished……
- Fit pie crust into 9 inch tart pan with removable bottom according to package directions; trim edges.
- Process eggs and next 3 ingredients in a blender 30 seconds or until smooth. Add melted butter; process 30 more seconds. Pour mixture into pie crust.
- Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar. Garnish, if desired.