- 6 hamburger patties
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups mushroom, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 package (3 oz) Hormel Real Bacon
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz ) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tbsp. red wine
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 cup whipping cream
I always have frozen Angus burgers in my freezer for quick meals on the grill. It was raining one night and I didn’t want to go outside to grill so I decided to try my Swiss steak recipe. My husband loved it so the recipe was changed to hamburger patties in lieu of round steak. Round steak is just as delicious though, just use 2 pounds cut into serving-size pieces.
- Brown both sides of hamburger patties in 1 tbsp. of olive oil in cast iron skillet.
- Remove from pan and place in a 13×9′ baking dish.
- Add 1 tbsp. olive oil to cast iron skillet. Add onion, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, cook until onions and mushrooms are tender.
- Add garlic, cook for 1 minute.
- Add Real Bacon, diced tomatoes, red wine, Worcestershire sauce, and oregano.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes; add whipping cream and stir to blend.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour over hamburger patties.
- Bake 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
Note: Delicious with mashed potato’s.