- 1 package roll Jimmy Dean Sausage
- 1-2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 loaf of french bread, sliced or 1 package of party rye bread
I hosted a Nutcracker Party for many years and this recipe was always the girl’s favorite, hence the name. This is a revised version because one of the main ingredients is no longer available but this one is pretty darn close. This post is for “my girls”, I love and miss each one of you. I do think of our many adventures often.
- Brown Jimmy Dean Sausage in a skillet.
- Add 1 cup of cheddar cheese, garlic powder, and garlic salt; stirring until melted. (add more cheese if desired)
- Spread mixture on bread slices (sprinkle more cheese on top if desired)
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes or until bread slices brown.
Note: This recipe can be made ahead through step 3. Freeze on baking sheet and store in freezer bags or containers.
Have the bakery slice the french bread for you or use party rye bread.