- Cookie Crust:
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2-3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1-1/2 tbsps pure vanilla extract
- Yield-makes two 10" shells
- 3-1/2 pounds Real Cream Cheese, room temperature Yep, 3-1/2 pounds)
- 2-1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1-1/2 tsps pure vanilla extract
One of Martha Stewart’s guest prepared this cheesecake on her show years ago and I wrote down the directions as she was preparing this dish. I do not remember her name but many, many thanks to her because this is absolutely the very best cheesecake recipe that I have found. Did I mention that cheesecake is my FAVORITE dessert? I do have to say if creme brulee is in the running, I have to pause but cheesecake usually wins out.
- Cream together butter and sugar 3-4 minutes. Scraping sides of pan as needed.
- Add egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour, salt and vanilla until blended.
- Divide mixture into equal amounts. Wrap and freeze one roll for future use.
- Roll the other dough out on parchment, cut 1″ larger to fit a large 10″ spring form pan (11″). Grease pan well and place cookie in the bottom.
- Freeze crust for 15 minutes and then bake at 350 degrees until golden 12-15 minutes.
- Before pouring cheesecake mixture over your cookie crust, wrap the exterior of your spring-form pan, including bottom, with a double layer of aluminum foil.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat cream cheese on medium speed until light & fluffy about 3 minutes..
- Add sugar and flour, stir until combined.
- On low speed, gradually add the sugar mixture to the cream cheese, beating until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add sour cream and vanilla, mix until blended.
- Pour mixture into spring-form pan over cookie crust.
- Place the wrapped spring-form pan inside of a large roasting pan.
- Carefully pour boiling water into the pan, filling halfway up the sides of your spring-form pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, reduce heat to 325 degrees rotate pan and continue baking until set but slightly wobbly in the center about 30 minutes.
- When finish baking, prop oven door open and let cool completely in oven.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Chill at least 6 hours or overnight before serving.
Note: To save time, you can purchase a sugar cookie roll for the crust. Just press dough in your pan and bake until golden.