- 3 sticks room temperature unsalted butter
- 3 cups plus 3 tbsps sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 pint sour cream
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
My father worked for F. W. Woolworth Company all over the Southeast and was out of town during most weeks. For as long as I can remember, My mom greeted him EVERY Friday with a homemade cake. This sour cream pound cake was one of his favorites. We love this cake plain, but serve it often with strawberries and whipped cream.
- Sift together cake flour, salt, and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Cream together butter and sugar until blended well.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add sour cream, vanilla and almond extract. Mix until blended.
- Slowly add flour mixture until blended.
- Bake in a well oiled and floured tube pan at 300 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Source: Doree Huffmaster