- 1 (18.25 oz) package lemon cake mix without pudding
- 1 (3.4 oz) package lemon instant pudding mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. lemon extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp poppyseeds
- 3 tbsps confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
I work in sales and every year for Christmas, I bake about 130 cakes for my customers. This means that beginning the week after Thanksgiving, I am baking 6-8 cakes a night. This is one of the recipes that I use —
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until blended.
- Stir in pecans and poppyseeds.
- Pour batter into desired cake pan.
- Bake 325 degrees for 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Combine confectioners sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Brush over cake.
Note: You can freeze this cake up to 3 months. When giving as gifts, I double this recipe but use 6 eggs in lieu of 8. Doing this gives me 3 bundt pan size cakes or 4 loaf pans.