- 3 cups (self rising) corn meal
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 14 oz. can cream of corn
- 1/2 cup El Paso slicedjalapenos peppers, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup grated Sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup oil
My dear friend Kay makes this for so many of our gatherings and this cornbread is sooooo good. It is ALWAYS the hit of every party.
It freezes well, a great compliment to many dishes or fantastic to eat just by itself. I will warn you ahead of time, it’s hard to eat just one piece.
- Mix corn meal, eggs and canned corn.
- Add rest of ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into a greased oblong pan and bake for 45-50 minutes at 350 degrees.
Note: Make sure you use corn meal not the corn meal mix.
Source: Kay Taylor