- Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan.
- Add water to a depth of 3 inches, and bring to a rolling boil.
- When water boils, cover pan with lid, and remove from heat.
- Let eggs stand for 12 minutes
- Drain and return eggs to pan.
- Fill pan with cold water and ice, and let eggs stand for a few minutes to cool.
- Crack shells on all sides on your countertop or other work surface.
- Peel under cold running water, starting at the large end.
Source: Southern Living
Know your Yolks
- Under cooked – a soft center
- Perfectly cooked – a firm, yellow yolk
- Overcooked – a green ring around the yolk