- 6 slices cooked bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 large cans creamed corn
- 2 large cans potato soup
- 2 large cans milk (soup cans)
- 2-3 potato's peeled, cut into large pieces
- 1 tblsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tblsp chives or dill
- 1 tsp thyme
This is a great soup for those busy day’s when everyone is going in different directions and eating meals at different times of the day.
- Cook bacon in cast iron skillet.
- Remove with slotted spoon, reserving bacon fat in skillet.
- Saute onion, bell pepper in bacon fat.
- Put all ingredients in large crock pot and cook on low.
Source: Adapted from ” The Pleasure of Herbs”
Note: If more soup is needed, just add more milk. I have also added crab meat to this recipe to make a delicious herbed crab corn chowder.