- 1 large eggplant; peeled and diced
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon sage
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5-6 bread slices cut into 1-2" pieces
- 1/2 cup Parmesan; grated Cheese
Easy and quick! Great with baked chicken.
- Peel eggplant and cut into 1-2″ pieces. Cover with water in a saucepan and boil until tender.
- Drain; reserving liquid. Return eggplant to saucepan; mash with a fork or potato masher.
- Add egg, flour, butter, poultry seasoning, sage, celery seed and parsley; stir until combined, adding reserved liquid if needed.
- Cut bread into 1″ pieces and brown in 1 tablespoon olive oil on stove top Pour over eggplant mixture; combine adding more reserved liquid if needed.
- Pour into a baking dish; top with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in 350 degrees oven 30 minutes.
Note: To make this dish even quicker; substitute 1 package Pepperidge Farm Country Style Stuffing for bread and eliminate poultry seasoning, sage, celery seed and parsley.