- 2 chicken Breast cut into 1-2" pieces
- 3 cups frozen fajita blend vegetable mix
- 1 clove garlic; minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cannellini beans; drained
- 2 (15 ounce) white navy beans; drained
- 1 (10 ounce) Chunky Rotel
- 1 package McCormick Chili White Chicken Seasoning
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 cups water
We love chili and my sister in law shared this recipe with me a few years back. I have adapted the recipe somewhat but I promise this version is a quick and easy weeknight meal. When I want to make it even quicker, I prepare steps 1-3 in my black iron skillet and then throw everything in a crock pot before leaving for work. Then all I have to do is prepare the bread and a pot of rice. We love serving our chili over rice, topping it with shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large stock pot. Heat on medium high heat and add fajita vegetable blend and chicken breast. Stir until vegetables are translucent and chicken is sighlty browned.
- Add minced garlic, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup white wine stirring to get all the bits from the bottom of pan.
- Add Rotel, drained cannellini beans, drained navy beans, and 4 cups water
- Add 1 package McCormick Chili White Chicken Seasoning; stir.
- Cook on low heat for 30 minutes.
Source: Shirley Cantrell
Note: If you are in a big hurry, skip step’s 1-3, eliminating the white wine. Add all ingredients to your crock pot and cook on low 4-6 hours.