- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 2 cups seasoning blend
- 1 large or 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package Conecuh Sausage, or sliced sausage of your choice
- 2 (26.5 oz) cans Black Beans
- 1 package sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 2 chipotle peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 1 package yellow rice
Black beans and rice is a staple in our home during the work week. It’s fast, easy and delicious! Serve it with a slice of cornbread for a complete meal.
- Saute seasoning blend, until tender. Add minced garlic, saute for 1 minute.
- Add sliced sausage & mushrooms, cook 3-5 minutes.
- Add black beans, salt, pepper, soy sauce , chipotle peppers and salsa.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare yellow rice according to package directions.
Note: Drain most of the juice from your leftovers and make black bean wraps or quesadillas for lunch the next day.