- 2 cups shelled fresh English peas
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1 tbls. butter
- 1-1/2 tsps snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsps. slivered almonds, tpasted
- 3 tbsps broken walnuts, toasted
When I was growing up my sister always insisted that I eat my English peas that she prepared from a can. I hated them. It was always a battle to get them down, but to please her, I always did. When I started gardening, I decided to grow fresh peas only because I loved how they looked on the vine, not because I wanted to eat them. BUT, what a wonderful surprise when I tasted this succulent little vegetable. DELICIOUS and sweet!!!
- Cook peas and onion, covered, in a small amount of boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain; return to saucepan.
- Stir in butter, dill, salt, and pepper; heat through.
- Sprinkle with toasted almonds and walnuts.