- 2 15-oz cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 cups chopped kale, loosely packed
- 1/2 tsp fresh-ground black pepper
- 4 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
This salad is easy, healthy, and delicious!
- Place the chickpeas, garlic, 2 cups of water, lemon juice, and 3/4 tsp. salt in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsps olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the kale, pepper, and remaining salt, cook until kale is wilted and tender for about 6 minutes.
- Toss the drained beans, cooked kale, tomatoes, and remaining olive oil together in a medium bowl. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Note: Seed tomatoes easily: Cut in half and gently squeeze. Don’t worry if a few seeds linger.