- 1 (12-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 cup roasted red bell peppers
- 4 skinned boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2-1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
This dish is a hearty one dish meal. It has a tasty sauce and is made using just a few ingredients, making it a great weeknight meal. Serve it with rice ( I prefer wild rice with this dish) and a salad and you will have dinner on the table in no time.
- Drain artichoke hearts reserving marinade; chop finely.
- Drain roasted red bell peppers; coarsely chop. Combine with the chopped artichokes.
- Sprinkle chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons reserved artichoke marinade and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken, and cook on each side until golden brown. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add garlic to skillet; saute 30 seconds.
- Stir in remaining artichoke marinade, roasted pepper mixture, wine, paprika, and ground red pepper. Stir to loosen browned particles from bottom of skillet.
- Return chicken to skillet; cover and cook 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
Adapted from a recipe in Southern Living