- 2 - 8oz packages cream cheese
- 1 1/4 tsps Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup grated Gruyere cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley, divided
- 1 package Roquefort cheese (3 oz) grated
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Combine cream cheese, Italian seasoning, and pepper. Beat at medium speed with mixer until smooth.
- Line a lightly oiled 6x4x2″ loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving a 2″ overhang on each side.
- Spread 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture in the loaf pan, smoothing to corners.
- Combine the grated Gruyere cheese & pecans, spread on top of the cream cheese layer.
- Top the Gruyere cheese layer with 1/2 of the remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Top with 1/2 cup parsley then Roquefort cheese.
- Last layer will be the remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Press firmly- cover with overhanging plastic wrap and chill for at least 8 hours.
- Remove wrap and sprinkle with remaining parley. Let come to room temperature before serving.
- Serve with crackers or toasted baguettes.
Note: I always hope that I have leftovers of this dish so I can serve this over hot steaming pasta. Delicious!