One of the rewards from canning your own vegetables, you are in control on the amount of salt or other ingredients that we need to watch our intake of. This recipe is a great way to use up the tomato crops and no salt in this one.
- Wash Okra and cut into into 1″ pieces.
- Skin tomatoes, remove cores and cut into quarters.
- Combine okra and tomatoes in saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Pack hot okra and tomatoes into jars, leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- Place hot sterilized lids and rings on jars, tightening rings.
- Process according to manufacturer’s directions at 10 pounds pressure for 25 minutes for pints and 50 minutes for quarts.